1.01.2012

New Year's Resolutions

I've never been one for resolutions. Then again, I've never been one to follow recipes, plan menus, or not eat meat, and all of those things seem to be working out well. So this year, I'll give it a try.

Maybe all I need is some good ol' accountability.

1. Update the blog at least twice a week
I have plenty to post about, especially as we try new recipes and cook for ourselves for the first time. I just need to get in the habit of writing it down, and getting Dan to take pictures.
2. Learn how to use Dan's camera
A lot of the time, I cook and bake while Dan is at work. I'd like to have a record of those adventures as well. He has a really nice camera, so why not learn how to use it?
3. Continue to train regularly
I haven't really decided what I'm training for yet, but I have some ideas in my head. I really don't like running, so I'd like to be able to join an gym with a rowing machine.
4. Get my personal trainer certification
I've been working on this for a month or so. I love coaching, but the hours are pretty limited. I'd like to be able to expand my work, and start working as a personal trainer as well.
5. Try at least two new recipes each week
We've been menu planning, so we've been trying lots of new recipes each week. I want to continue the trend, and expand our repertoire.
6. Bake at least once a week
With a new KitchenAid, a new apron, and a new baking book, I'm looking forward to rediscovering the oven. Baking is one of my favorite things in the world, and I've barely scratched the surface! There's so much more to make than chocolate chip cookies.
7. Remember that I'm not in college anymore
In college, homework seemed to fill all of the nooks and crannies between athletics, class, work and sanity. I'm in the habit of leaving those spaces free, and I need to retrain myself to fill them with friends, family and fun.
8. Go on one adventure a month
I want to explore! I love seeing new places, or seeing old ones with new eyes. Adventures keep life interesting, and I like interesting.

It's a short but ambitious list. I'm looking forward to seeing how I do with it!!

Do you have resolutions? How long do you stick with them?

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or emailing me at piquantprose [at] gmail [dot] com.

Like what you read? Share it on Facebook, Twitter or GoogleBuzz using the buttons below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Leave a comment or question below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...