|the giant (super cheap) squash|
Next I made (gluten free) pistachio cookies. The recipe is over at Trissalicious. My mom said they were a bit too nutty for her; she would have added some spices or something citrusy to make them a little less nutty. I thought they were spectacular. I could see these being wonderful mixed into some pistachio ice cream. (We had them with pumpkin ice cream.. also a good decision.)
|squash muffins + pistachio cookies + Strauss milk|
One-Bowl Cranberry Walnut Muffins
|cranberry walnut muffin|
0.75c butter, melted+cooled
1c packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
0.5c unsweetened applesauce
1.5c white whole wheat flour
1.5t baking powder
0.5t baking soda
2c fresh cranberries
1c roughly chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Mix the butter, eggs, sugar and applesauce together.
3. Put the flour, baking powder and baking soda in the center of the liquid ingredients and briefly combine the dry ingredients before incorporating them into the liquid ingredients. Mix dry into liquid until slightly lumpy.
4. Add cranberries and walnuts. Mix until incorporated.
5. Divide into lined muffin tins. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when pressed and the muffins are lightly golden brown.