6.11.2011

To Shuck or Not To Shuck

We had a cookout after practice last night with grilled chicken, veggies and s'mores to round out the evening. We also had some of the first corn of the season! Yum!

I grilled corn quite a bit last summer, and tried it both ways--husk on and husk off.

Husk on, the corn seems a lot more moist, but it also takes a bit longer to cook and doesn't get those yummy char marks on the corn. (Yes, the same yummy char marks that also cause cancer.)

Husk off, the corn is incredibly delicious, but it cooks a bit less evenly and can dry out in the heat.

Today, we grilled the corn husk on, opened it, realized it wasn't all the way cooked, and put it back on husked to get char marks as it finished cooking. I think this is probably the ideal cooking method, but it's kind of a pain (literally--you'll probably burn your fingers).

How do you cook your summer corn? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or emailing me at piquantprose [at] gmail [dot] com. 

Like what you read? Share it on Facebook, Twitter or GoogleBuzz using the buttons below!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE sweet corn!! I went to college where our mascot was a corncob (no joke!) and we would have corn feeds to celebrate our love of corn!?!? Corny, yes, I think so!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! Leave a comment or question below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...