8.08.2012

Bruises Galore

One of the disadvantages of rowing the single versus a multi-person boat is being solely responsible for carrying your equipment around. While we usually make it look easy, singles weigh 30 pounds and have plenty of sharp edges. They also are long, awkward and tend to blow around in the wind.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there are also oars to consider. Carrying a boat in one arm and two oars in the other is exhausting, and it took its toll on my body today.


This sweet bruise is one of three--the others are on my shoulders. I'm hoping that tomorrow involves significantly less holding and carrying of boats so my body can recover. At the very least, all that lifting should help make my "tiny muscles" (direct quote from my coach) a little bit bigger.

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or emailing me at piquantprose [at] gmail [dot] com.

Like what you read? Share it on Facebook, Twitter or GoogleBuzz using the buttons below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Leave a comment or question below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...