2.19.2012

Yellow Cake


I love cake. It is my all-time favorite dessert. The perfect distribution of frosting and filling; the tender, moist inside; the sharply sliced edge -- heaven. Cupcakes don't even compare.

A few weeks back, I made a chocolate cake. At Dan's request, I made a yellow cake this week. Apparently, he loves yellow cake. I didn't know it was possible to love yellow cake, especially when chocolate cake is an option.

Nonetheless, I proceeded with a recipe from a trusted blogger. I used a basic chocolate buttercream to frost.

It wasn't my favorite cake--the crumb was uneven, and fairly crumbly. None of the flavors were overwhelming, which also meant that they were all overwhelmed by the chocolate frosting.

However, it was incredibly easy to frost (didn't even need a crumb coat), sturdy, and way better than the stuff from a box. If you're new to cake baking, or just want something easy (say, for a kid's birthday), this is a good go-to recipe.

Up next: Carrot cake with Ginger Lime Swiss Meringue Buttercream (for those of us that hate cream cheese frosting)


Let me know what you think by leaving a comment or emailing me at piquantprose [at] gmail [dot] com.

Like what you read? Share it on Facebook, Twitter or GoogleBuzz using the buttons below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Leave a comment or question below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...