2.10.2011

New books about cooking! (and a few posts to come...)

Instead of posting this week, I've had my head buried in books! D bought me two books this past week, and I'm super excited about both of them. First, he bought me On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee.. In case you're following my book reviews, you might have noticed I was already reading this. 

Well, turns out the library had the 1st edition. D bought me the second edition (which is so much better!!!) so I'm starting over from the beginning of a now 800 page book. I just finished the chapter on dairy, so expect a dairy-based recipe soon!

He also bought me Alice Medrich's Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-in-your-Mouth Cookies. I was fortunate enough to try this woman's amazing chocolate cake in high school, before I knew who she was. All I remember was thinking it was some spectacularly good chocolate birthday cake (and probably going back for seconds). I'm looking forward to (eventually) trying each and every one of these recipes.

For now, I'm reading and waiting for D to send me some long overdue pictures for some long overdue posts, including apple poptarts and absolutely delicious muffins. Expect both soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Leave a comment or question below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...