----- ----- -----
Broiled Bananas on Toast
Tongs OR heat-proof finger skin
slices of cinnamon swirl bread
banana (sliced lengthwise)
1. Lay your cinnamon swirl bread on your baking tray and broil on low for about 2-3 minutes, or until it just begins to toast. (Meanwhile, feel free to slice your bananas if you haven't already.)
2. Remove the bread from the oven and flip the slices over. Lay banana over the top of the untoasted side, covering as much as possible, including the edges. (Whatever you don't cover will probably burn.)
3. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of the bananas.
4. Put the tray back in the oven and turn the broiler up to high. (Medium would be perfect, but my broiler has two settings--cold and black.)
5. Check the bread after 2-3 minutes. If nothing is burning, leave it in, continuing to check every 1-2 minutes until it looks golden and crispy or until things start to get really dark brown.
6. Serve with a cold class of milk and extra cinnamon.
What's your favorite breakfast food? Leave a comment and let me know!