11.15.2010

Eating in Chicago

At the end of October, one of my classes took a trip to Chicago. I really only had about 2 days to explore, but I made sure to cram as much delicious into those two days as possible. Here are the three things you have to try in Chicago:

1. Chicago French Market
This is a great place to get fresh fruit to snack on, or vegetables for that matter. The Belgian fries were delicious (although the dipping sauces were, frankly, uninspiring). I had a delicious roast chicken sandwich from Chicago Organics, as well.

2. Fox and Obel
Everybody raves about their cinnamon swirls. They're pretty delicious, although I grew up on morning buns from La Farine, which are similar. I ate lunch in the cafe and was delighted with the tomato basil soup. It was incredibly flavorful and came with a nice crusty piece of bread.

3. XOCO
This is one of Rick Bayless' restaurants. It's a small, super casual restaurant, with some pretty phenomenal food. I had the woodland mushroom torta, and the mushrooms and the cheese melted into the crispy baguette. The mushrooms all had distinct flavors, and the goat cheese was just mild enough to not overpower them. My dining partner had the choriqueso, which, based on her contented chewing, was also phenomenal. Get there early, though—it got crowded by the end of our meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Leave a comment or question below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...